Dear CUSD #7 Families,
Gillespie CUSD #7 understands the importance of the breakfast and lunch programs and will continue to operate through off-site learning days. Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, Gillespie CUSD #7 will be operating on a drive-up basis and a drop-off basis. For the drive-up process, elementary students wishing to receive a meal may access BenGil Drive and a meal will be brought to the vehicle in to-go containers. The time for this pick up will be from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. for breakfast and 11:30 to 12:30 for lunch. Middle School and High School students wishing to receive a meal may access the bus lane currently situated behind the building (in the bus lane) and a meal will be brought to the vehicle in to-go containers. The time for this pick up will be 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. for breakfast and 11:30 to 12:30 for lunch.
For the drop-off process, buses will stop and provide meals at the current and every day bus stops. If you are not a normal bus rider, please provide us with needed info (names) Times will be announced prior to Wednesday.
Gillespie Virginia St/N. Macoupin B 8:00 a.m. L – 11:30
True Value Parking Lot B – 8:15 L – 11:45
Welfare Park B – 8:30 L – 12:00
Christian Church B – 8:45 L – 11:15
All current children, 18 and under, living in the Gillespie Community School District, can receive a free breakfast and free lunch during this Emergency Off-Site Meal Plan.
If you are going to take advantage of the food program during the Off-Site Emergency Plan beginning on Wednesday, March 18, please provide us this information:
- Send a note with your child to the school’s office on Monday with:
- Number of meals and children’s names
- Breakfast and/or Lunch (please circle)
- Indicate pick up OR drop off (please circle)
- If drop off, indicate bus stop/bus number
- Bus stop:
- Bus number:
- Indicate if student has food allergy
If so, what is the allergy?
- Call your child’s school office with the above-mentioned information OR (before Wednesday)
- Email your child’s principal with the above-mentioned information (before Wednesday)