Dear Educational Community,
Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your cooperation and patience as we deal with this pandemic which has drastically altered the way children are educated. Teachers, staff members, and parents are doing an amazing job to insure students and one another are safe and healthy. Unfortunately, this situation dictates the need to make some difficult decisions. Know that before I make such decisions I do so after consulting the Board of Education, Administrative Team, teachers and other staff members. Decisions are made with the safety of all in mind first while being sensitive to the impact on students, families, and staff members. More difficult decisions are forthcoming in the near future and will be made with all of you in mind. Recent changes or additions to procedures and guidelines are listed below. Please free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
- Band/Chorus Disney Trip – cancelled
- Junior/Senior Trip – tentatively rescheduled for Saturday, July 11
- 8th Grade Awards Night, Promotion – postponed
- High School Awards Night, Graduation – postponed
- Meal Distribution – Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – pick up in front of Ben-Gil Elementary school – multiple days of meals may be picked up
- Learning Packet Pick-Up/Drop Off – Friday, May 1 – 12:00 noon – 6:00 p.m.
Ben-Gil Elementary School – front; Gillespie Middle School; front; Gillespie High School – behind/bus lane
- Final Learning Packet Drop-Off – May 8 – Seniors Only – May 15 – all other grades
- Access the Remote Learning Plan on the district website to view the grading policy
- Call the Macoupin County Health Department at 217-839-1526 to schedule an immunization appointment