Gillespie CUSD #7 4/2/2020
Remote Learning Plan
In the event that Gillespie CUSD #7 enacts remote learning days, the following plan will be adopted and put into effect:
· During remote learning, students will be provided assigned tasks from teachers. The assigned tasks provided will equate to no more than 5 hours of participation. Please refer to the document, “Recommended Student Participation Guidelines” on the district website for guidance. In order for teachers to verify participation and monitor progress, students will be required to turn in assignments and assigned tasks in a timely manner. All assignments will be graded on a pass/incomplete basis. The fourth quarter, semester, and final grade calculation format is yet to be determined.
-Teachers are available via their school email addresses. Please utilize the school’s website for your desired teacher’s email address.
· School counselors, school psychologists, school social workers, Title I service teachers, special education teachers, speech teachers and school nurses will be available to parents and students on remote learning days. These professionals may be accessed through their school email.
· Student assignments may be posted electronically and will be viewable via electronic device OR available by take-home packet. Students may complete the work electronically and email the work to the appropriate teacher OR complete the take- home packet to turn into the teacher.
· Please contact your school’s office for more information on how and when you would be able to obtain these materials. If a student does not have internet access, students and parents will be allowed to access the school parking lot areas to gain temporary WIFI access to download appropriate materials. It is imperative that students and parents remain in their vehicles and do not congregate on school property on off-site learning days. Once materials have been downloaded, we kindly ask that you leave school grounds.
· To ensure the services of special education students, students with special needs will have assignments modified or provided based on their IEP goals from their special education teacher or related service provider. Special education teachers will be available via their school email.
· Gillespie CUSD #7 understands the importance of the breakfast and lunch programs and will continue to operate on remote learning days. Elementary students can get a breakfast and lunch at the same time at Ben-Gil Drive with the meal being brought to the vehicle in to-go containers from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Middle School and High School students can get a breakfast and lunch at the same time behind the building (in the bus lane) with the meal being to the vehicle in to-go containers from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. In addition, students may receive meals at their bus stops or drop-off locations. Please refer to the district website for locations. All students are eligible for a free breakfast and/or lunch.
· All extra-curricular events and school functions will be cancelled in the event of remote learning days. This includes but is not limited to practices, games, clubs, extra-curricular events, trips, or special events on these days. All school activities will be suspended until further notice.
· Communication for remote learning days will be ongoing and provided through the school’s all-call system, the school website, and the school Facebook page. Please check these communications frequently to receive the latest information.
·The administration in conjunction with Union leadership met and created the remote learning plan and a copy of the plan will be provided to Union membership for review of any collective bargaining negotiations necessary.
·After the implementation of the remote learning period, a survey will be sent to parents, staff, and students and feedback will be evaluated.