If Mother Nature decides not to work with us this Sunday (and at this point why would she?) we are prepared to host our “Graduation Photo Shoot” inside of the gym.
- Students will be asked to use the bus lane and will drop off one student (and their immediate family) at the Breezeway. At the regularly scheduled time.
- The driver of that car will then pull their car around to LJ Avenue and park along the side of the building.
- The driver will then be allowed to enter the gym through the side door of the gym (West Side of the gym).
- Once the entire family is in the gym the graduate will have their name announced, will walk up the steps to the stage, pick up their diploma and pose for a picture.
- The graduate will then cross the stage, walk down the steps on the opposite side and will then have the opportunity to take a family picture with those who could be in the gym.
- Once the second photo is taken, the entire family will exit the West side gym door and leave the premises.
**Note this plan will only be utilized if rain prevents us from being outside. I hope to decide on where the ceremony will be taking place early Sunday Morning.
Thanks, and I’ll see everyone Sunday
R. Shane Owsley
Gillespie High School Principal